No matter how good the team or how efficient the methodology: if we're not solving the right problem, the project fails. — Woody Williams
Project Management Training
We offer project management training on all levels: introductory-level project management training for all employees that "have to do" with projects, advanced-level workshops for experienced project managers (both live and as e-learning), training for senior managers and certification prep training.
All our courses are run in a highly interactive, down-to-earth workshop atmosphere. Of course, all our project management courses are fully compatible to the international standards Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) of the Project Management Institute and to the International Competence Baseline (ICB) of IPMA.
NEW: Project Management for Managers – The basics of project management in 1 day.
This seminar-workshop was born from the observation that, in many companies, there is a significant difference between the expectations of top management and the reality of the project managers in the field. The CEO is accountable for the realization of the company's strategy, he must therefore choose the "best" project and also the guarantee the success of his choice ... and yet, he never learned about the "how to" of professional project management.
This is the reason why we have developed this new, concise and highly interactive one-day training. It provides an overview and systematic understanding of modern project management. At the end of this training, you are able to implement the company's strategy through well-chosen, relevant projects and you will support your project managers in a competent, active and appropriate way, no matter if this is an internal project or facing the customer.
Project Management Courses, in-house and public
Understand the business need first, then translate the requirements into explicit statements. Clarify expectations and set SMART goals. Understand project governance and leadership. Understand that the project manager is not the person who will do the actual project work. Learn how to deal with changes and how to manage risks.
- Project Management Fundamentals. An intense 3-day training that provides the fundamentals of real-world project management in a highly interactive manner. It is aimed at everyone who needs to understand how projects work: not only project managers but also the project team members as well as collaborators who contribute to projects in any way. — Next starting dates: (FR) Lausanne: 30 Mar 2020 (1ère partie: 30+31 mars, 2ème partie: 27 avril) . – (EN) Lausanne: 14 May 2020 (Part I: 14/15 May, part II: 12 June 2020) . – (DE) Olten: 08 Jun 2019 (Teil 1: 08/09 Juni, Teil II: 30 Juni 2020) . – . — To register, please follow this link. This training is also available as in-house training.
- Project Management for Practitioners. This 1- or 2-day workshop (your choice) is for project managers who have already acquired practical experience in leading and executing projects and want to expand their knowledge and skills: project managers, sub-/part-project leaders, program and portfolio managers as well as project sponsors. Topics include project-, program- and portfolio management, the role of the PMO, leadership and team development. Additional topics in the 2-day course: Agile project management. Communication in multi-cultural and international teams. — Note: This training is only available as in-house training.
On-demand learning is an efficient way to acquire knowledge, tools and techniques at your own pace. A balanced mix of theory, exercises, examples and checklists makes for a diversified learning experience. These courses are also very well suited for integration into a blended learning programs, e.g. as a prelude to the Project Management training courses above.
We offer all e-learning courses from our trusted partner STS. All courses are available in multiple languages (EN, FR, DE, IT, ES, RU, ...). Your access is valid 24/24, 7/7 for ~2 months after the first login. The hours indicated in the list is the approximate time needed to complete the training:
- e-learning Project Management Fundamentals. Approx. 12 h / 12 PDU: Inscription.
- e-learning Project Management Advanced. Approx. 18 h / 18 PDU: Inscription.
- e-learning Team Leader. Approx. 12 h / 12 PDU: Inscription.
- e-learning Project Scheduling. Approx. 12 h / 12 PDU: Inscription.
Since 2010, we run highly successful exam preparation courses for the international certification as PMP® Project Management Professional and CAPM® Certified Associate in Project Management of the Project Management Institute:
- PMP® and CAPM® Certification Exam Prep. 5 days, split in 3+2. Next starting dates: (FR/EN) Lausanne: 04 May 2020 (Part I: 04-06 May 2020, Part II: 18-19 May 2019) . – PMP® and CAPM® candidates will follow the same course, it is only the exam that differs. To register, please follow this link. — Note: As a public course, this training is available exclusively in English. However, if you have at least 5 participants, we can run this training as an internal training course with animation in English, German or French, at your choice. In this case, we can also shorten the overall time to 4 - very intense - days. Request an offer!
Management and Leadership
When I talk to managers, I get the feeling that They are important. When I talk to leaders, I get the feeling that I am important.
Coaching and Consulting
Work with people, listen to feelings, evaluate facts and figures. Develop and expand corporate culture. Build the team. Understand needs and motivations. Bring your point across. Plan, organize ... and learn to delegate. Simplify.
We train managers and coach Executives.
- Power Speech®: Stop showing slides, start performing. Preparation and structure of successful presentations. Learn to structure your speech, your presentation – and even your movements. Develop and deliver the core message. Body language and rhetoric. Handling questions. 3 days with video feedback. Next starting dates: (EN) Lausanne/Geneva area: 27 Jan 2020. – (FR) région Lausanne/Genève: 11 May 2020. – (DE) Olten: 17 Jun 2020. – To register, please follow this link.
- Power Speech® Executive. This is Power Speech® on steroids: a fast-paced, deep, high-intensity, one-day, one-on-one coaching for a fixed price of 2400 CHF/day. You get 17% off by booking and paying at least 3 months in advance. Only available upon request: please get in touch with us.
- Leadership, efficacy and efficiency: Use the right resources, set the right priorities. Manage yourself before you try to manage others. What is important, what is urgent ... and who decides? Why motivation alone is not enough, and why every employee in the company needs to know the value chain. Where do we waste time, what can we do against it, and why you want to disable “instant notification” on your smartphone. Why “informing” is not a valid goal of a meeting. 1 day. — Next dates: (FR) Lausanne: 06 Mar 2020. – (EN) Lausanne: 22 Apr 2020. – (DE) Olten: 16 Jun 2020. – To register, please follow this link.
- Operational and strategic Risk Management. All too often "risk management" is reduced to an insurance policy and some aspects of workplace safety. And yet - proper risk management alone leads to better business agility and increases sustainability! The course explains the fundamentals and application of Risk Management in a pragmatic, down-to-earth manner. The course covers the new requirements of ISO 9001:2015. Duration: 1 day. Next dates: (EN) Lausanne: 19 Mar 2020. – (FR) Lausanne: 27 Mar 2020. – (DE) Olten: 22 Jun 2020. – To register, please follow this link.
To register for any public training, please go to Dates and Registration.
Do you have any questions, do you need a PM consultant, do you want to book a training? All our courses are also available as in-hourse training. Get in touch with us!